Hello everyone, my name is Soque Avci, a Turkish man in Istanbul.
About me and my shoe factory in Turkey
I have been in the shoe business for more than 30 years. I started as a shoe designer and started my own shoe company. Now I have a small shoe factory in Turkey with 128 employees, 90 of whom are workers.
Every year we produce about 550,000 pairs of shoes, about 300,000 pairs from our own shoe factory in Turkey and another 250,000 from overseas factories.
Our products include kilim shoes, women’s high heels, sports shoes, sandals, etc. About 35% of them are exported to Europe.
Where can I get shoe factories in Turkey?
Now many young Turks want to create their own shoe brands. They get a shoe factory to produce shoes for them, like sneakers and boots. Then they sell them online.
A young man has achieved an annual turnover of 800,000 U.S. dollars in just three years.
But many people don’t know how to find a shoe factory in Turkey. Many people have asked me this question.
There are many shoe factories in Turkey that you can find through online directories or by contacting trade organizations. Here are a few ways you can find a footwear factory in Turkey:
1. Online directories: Several online directories list shoe factories in Turkey, such as TurkeyExporter.Net and TurkishManufacturers.com.
2. Trade shows: Attending trade shows and industry events in Turkey can be a good way to meet and network with shoe manufacturers and factory owners.
You can find information about upcoming trade shows in Turkey through online event directories or by contacting trade organizations.
3. Trade organizations: You can also contact trade organizations in Turkey that represent the shoe industry, such as the Footwear Industrialists’ Association of Turkey (TASD) or the Turkish Footwear Industrialists’ Association (TAYSAD).
These organizations can provide information about shoe factories in the country.
4. Local chambers of commerce: Another option is to contact local chambers of commerce in Turkey, which can provide information about shoe factories and other businesses in their region.
5. Export promotion agencies: You can also contact export promotion agencies in Turkey, such as the Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM) or the Istanbul Textile and Apparel Exporters Association (ITKIB), which can provide information about shoe factories that export their products.
6. Local suppliers: If you are interested in working with a small, local shoe factory in Turkey, you can try contacting suppliers of materials and equipment for the shoe industry. These companies may have connections to local factories and can provide leads to potential partners.
7. Government resources: The Turkish government has several agencies and programs that support the shoe industry, such as the Turkish Ministry of Trade and the Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises Development and Support Administration (KOSGEB).
These organizations may be able to provide information about shoe factories in the country.
I have my shoe factory. Why do I need a Chinese shoe factory?
Why aren’t all my products made in my factory? Because my factory is too small and the labor cost is high. And some shoe materials are hard to find in Turkey.
I find a Chinese shoe supplier and I think it’s the best oversea shoe factory I’ve ever seen.
Why I choose a shoe factory in China there are some advantages of Chinese shoe factories:
●Lower labor costs: Labor costs are generally lower in China compared to other countries, which can result in lower production costs.
●High productivity: Chinese shoe factories are known for their high level of productivity, which can help to reduce lead times and get your products to market faster.
●Well-developed supply chain: China is a major exporter of shoes and has a well-developed supply chain, making it easier to source materials and manage the production process.
There are over 5,000 shoe manufacturing factories and shoe material suppliers in China. There is no shoe material you can’t find there.
●Experience: Many Chinese shoe factories have a lot of experience producing a wide range of shoe styles and types and may be able to offer valuable insights and recommendations.
●Quality control: Many Chinese shoe factories have strict quality control processes to ensure that products meet the required standards.
How to find and work with a Chinese shoe factory?
I am very satisfied with my current Chinese shoe supplier. They performed even better than my turkey plant.
It is not easy to find and work with a good factory. I can give you some tips. These tips are also useful for finding a shoe factory in Turkey.
●Determine your needs: Before you start your search, it is important to have a clear idea of what you are looking for in a factory. This may include things like the type of shoes you want to produce, the production volume, and any required materials or processes.
●Research potential factories: There are several ways to find a Chinese footwear factory, including online directories and trade shows. You can also ask for recommendations from industry contacts or other businesses that have experience working with Chinese factories.
●Evaluate the factories: Once you have a list of potential factories, it is important to thoroughly research and evaluate each one.
This may include visiting the factory in person, reviewing their production capabilities and capacity, and getting references from other companies that have worked with them.
●Negotiate terms: Once you have identified a factory that meets your needs, it is important to negotiate the terms of your agreement, including pricing, lead times, and any specific requirements or expectations.
●Finalize the agreement: After you have reached an agreement, it is important to put the terms in writing and finalize the contract. This will help ensure that both parties understand their obligations and can help prevent future misunderstandings or disputes.
I hope these tips from Soque Avci are helpful to you.
Looking for a great shoe manufacturer? I’m sharing $10,000 worth of tips for quickly identifying the best shoe suppliers. Click here to learn: 8 Tips to Quickly Identify a Good Shoe Supplier